New York Jets Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with the New York Jets. The Jets have limited opportunities for employment. We recommend that you periodically visit this page for current vacancies.
2013 Full Time Opportunities
CRM & Database Marketing Coordinator
Director of Relationship and Database Marketing
The CRM & Database Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day support of the organization’s customer database systems
- Be the first point of contact for sales, service and marketing staff that need assistance with CRM usage, campaign tracking, reporting and data accuracys
- Build customer and prospect lists for phone, email and direct mail campaigns based on multiple segmentation criteria
- Coordinate, build and deploy personalized sales, service and marketing email and telemarketing campaigns, and report on their effectiveness
- Maintain database quality; including but not limited to manually updating customer accounts, identifying records of need, appending data to current records and running additional data hygiene processes (NCOA, Do Not Call, etc.)
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly reports for sales, service and marketing initiatives as needed
- Securing, analyzing, mining and reporting on all records and data sources housed within the database systems, including Archtics and Microsoft CRM
- Coordinate data collection processes and insure all prospects are entered into, tracked and distributed within CRM
- Work closely with the PSL operations staff on order fulfillment, ticket distribution, list building, contracts, transfers and staff commissions
- Assist with building in-depth customer profiles, sales projections and other data analysis work as needed
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-3 years of experience in ticketing, database marketing, and/or CRM
- Strong statistical and analytical skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ticketing and CRM systems (Archtics and Microsoft CRM preferred)
- Attention to detail and ability to work with deadlines
- Knowledge of email, web and database technologies
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application and submit a cover letter and resume at the link below. Indicate in the application, under position applying for, select Ticket Sales for department. Please also write “CRM & Database Marketing Coordinator” in the position field.Fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter here.
The New York Jets are looking to add a dynamic, talented, creative person to complement our current marketing and design team. This person should be able to collaborate with other out-of-the-box thinkers to continue to build and market our brand to existing and potential fans.
The Graphic Designer will support the club’s marketing and promotions efforts by developing and creating a broad range of graphic items and marketing collateral materials. The Designer will be asked to deliver creative and innovative solutions that demonstrate a broad range of fresh and original solutions to the creative brief.
The Graphic Designer will also manage tight deadlines and special projects on short notice; in addition to the daily and weekly schedule of standard projects and meetings. Our new Designer should be able to balance multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines as set by the Senior Manager of Marketing through good management of workflow and ability to prioritize, organize, and plan.
- MAC Environment
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PowerPoint
- Use Windows, MAC OSX and Adobe CS applications daily
- HIGHLY creative and proactive
- Flexibility to work during games, some evenings and weekends
- High level of demonstrated excellence and professionalism
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal direction
- Ability to determine when approval, direction, or guidance is needed or essential
- Ability to anticipate needs and make suggestions
- Strong relationship-building skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar and/or 2-3 years of experience in graphic design/production – Agency or client experience a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate via examples, portfolio and/or experience, a high level of technical skill and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail is a must and ability to take projects from concept to completion and work well under pressure with different personalities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Web skills are also a plus
Examples of graphic design work are requested. Please include links to online portfolios with your submission either in your cover letter or on your resume.
The New York Jets are seeking a highly motivated, professional and experienced sales person. The position is designed to market, present, sell and service New York Jets Club PSL and non-PSL season tickets to both consumers and companies in the tri-state area.
- Implement and execute a sales plan to reach individual and department goals
- Maintain a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls each day
- Meet regularly with SVP and Sr. Director of Consumer Sales & Service regarding progress and strategy for increasing sales
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and follow up with all potential clients
- Responsible for the annual retention of your account base by providing superior customer service and developing positive and professional relationships with season ticket holders
- Develop relationships through consistent touch points, including but not limited to: outbound calls, personalized letters & emails, servicing inbound calls, seat visits, and any other special meet and greet account holder functions we offer
- Represent the New York Jets organization at off-site community events promoting Jets season tickets
- Exceptional work ethic, high level of integrity, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, and a passion for the sports industry
- Excellent oral communication and telephone skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls and sales
- Ability to work on non-traditional hours
- Ticket Sales experience required, preferably in sports or entertainment
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application and submit a cover letter and resume at the link below. Please also indicate in the application, under position applying for, please select Ticket Sales for Department. Please also write “Account Executive” in the position field. Fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter here.
Account Executive/Director, Media and Partnership Sales
Vice President of Corporate Sales and Marketing
Sell new, integrated corporate partnerships across all organizational lines of business with a focus on media, particularly New York Jets radio and television properties.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect, cultivate and close new business partnerships leveraging the New York Jets and MetLife Stadium controlled media/sponsorship assets
- Engage in onsite and out-of-office sales meetings
- Create, propose and sell integrated media advertising and sponsorship programs
- Manage, service and grow existing partnership accounts
- Develop relationships with media buying agencies and direct to client advertisers
- Maintain and be held accountable for required sales activity levels and reports
- Perform other functions and activities as assigned by the Sr. Vice President of Business Operations
- Prospective candidate should have no less than seven (7) years industry experience in a sales capacity
- Sports, entertainment and/or media sales preferred
- Strong existing client relationships are preferred and direct working relationships with media agencies is a plus
- Preferable to have experience in the NY/NJ marketplace
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM, as well as, SlideRocket presentation software
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to manage a high level of detail across multiple projects and to prioritize efficiently
- Possess an optimistic team attitude and competitive desire to be the best
2013 Summer through Season Internships
Corporate Partnerships Seasonal Internship
Florham Park, NJ
Responsible for working with sales team to build sponsorship sales proposals and maintain proposal portfolio
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Create and build proposals in SlideRocket and PowerPoint
- Maintain updated presentation slides
- Work with sales people, corporate partnership group, and marketing department to create and communicate new sales, marketing, and activation ideas
- Strong computer presentation skills – particularly PowerPoint (and SlideRocket)
- Ability to learn new systems and technologies
- Understanding of sports sponsorship and business affairs
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Projected Start Date: March 2013
Website Operations Internship
Florham Park, NJ
Deliver exciting pro football news into the hands of millions of fans around the world. Learn how to operate a website from a team within the world’s leading sports industry. Gain exceptional experience alongside the Manager of Web Operations by helping to run newyorkjets.com. Help maintain and publish written, photo and multimedia content on a daily basis. Opportunities to assist in various digital or social media responsibilities as needed.
Please note this is a full time seasonal position requiring 40 hours per week including some nights and weekends.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Update homepage feature stories and other various pages on a timely basis as content is produced.
- Organize, edit and post multimedia content (audio, video, photos, etc.) for newyorkjets.com, including but not limited to daily press conferences (streamed live), player interviews, and feature videos.
- Assist with written content updates of team website on a daily basis, including the posting of press releases, articles, gameday news & notes, documents, forms, fan polls, and other editorial content.
- Setup, test and manage daily press conferences for streaming on NewYorkJets.com.
- Update and post gameday content which include Sundays and evenings.
- Assist with proofing NewYorkJets.com email newsletters, with distribution 1-3 times per week.
- Post daily press clippings as part of scheduled rotation.
- Serve as backup role for management of team roster, depth chart, transactions list and other informational team pages and other duties as assigned by the Manager of Web Operations.
- Undergraduate degree (Computer/Information Science, MIS, Web Programming, or Digital Media).
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, Photoshop (HTML coding without an editor).
- Excellent computer skills and previous web development experience a plus.
- Familiarity with audio/video editing software.
- Availability to make site updates at all hours of the day including weekends/holidays.
- Excellent communication and proof-reading skills.
- Active in following new technology trends.
- Arrange your own transportation
Manager, Web OperationsHow to Apply
Interested applicants should complete an application and submit a cover letter and resume at the link below. On the application under position applying for, please select "Website/Digital Media" for Department.Start Date:
Immediate End Date:
Spring 2014Fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter here.
2014 Summer through Season Internships
Field & Grounds Turf Management Summer Internship
Cortland, New York
The summer intern carries out the duties put forth by the Director of Athletic Fields & Grounds including mowing, watering, fertilizing, painting, string trimming, practice setup and break down and all other duties to assist in practices running smoothly and ensure a quality playing surface.Specific Duties
- Weekly reports to the Director of Grounds concerning issues and challenges
- Ability to work independently in unsupervised conditions
- Observe and record root depth on a weekly basis.
- Calibrate spreader in order to apply fertilizers at their proper rate.
- Core aerification, harvesting, and topdressing of all athletic fields.
- Education related to turf grass management
- Ability to lift 50lbs numerous times a day
- Willingness to work extended hours, including weekends
- Ability to operate some necessary equipment related to grounds maintenance
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, willingness to accept all assignments, quick learner
- Attention to detail, proven ability to problem solve and sense of urgency is a must.
- Arrange their own transportation
This is a paid summer internship beginning June 1, 2014 through training camp ending August 30, 2014 or around schooling schedule. Housing and meals are also provided.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should complete an application and submit a cover letter and resume at the link below. Please also indicate in the application under position applying for please select Field and Grounds for Department. Please also write “Summer Turf Management Internship” in the position field.Fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter here.