New York Jets Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with the New York Jets. The Jets have limited opportunities for employment. We recommend that you periodically visit this page for current vacancies.
For Internship Opportunities, Click Here
2014 Full Time Opportunities
Florham Park, NJ
The Marketing Coordinator will be the point person for communication campaigns, research analysis, promotional plans, and development of the Gen Jets Kids Club. The ideal candidate will have experience in advertising, branding, creative development and research. The Marketing Coordinator will focus on supporting marketing services, but will work closely with the entire department including graphic design, events and operations, digital media, and social media.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong attention to detail are required as the Marketing Coordinator will be writing all forms of communication and proofreading emails, letters, and promotional materials. Agency experience is a plus, but in-house brand management experience is welcome.
- Manage written communications including, but not limited to, copywriting and editing for emails to Season Ticket Holders, MetLife Stadium events/concerts, gameday guide emails during the season, press releases for business-related events.
- Spearhead research initiatives including survey design, analysis of responses, and reporting for all postgame research as well as general marketing analysis for new business initiatives and other departments.
- Oversee all elements of the Gen Jets Kids Club membership program including communication to members, events, promotions and management of membership as well as respond to emails from members and their guardians.
- Maintain copy within the Ticket section, FAQ pages, Event pages, and FanZone section on newyorkjets.com.
- Run point on promotional plans for yearly football-related events including Pro Bowl, Schedule Release, Draft, Mini Camp, OTAs, Training Camp in addition to marketing-related events such as Taste of the NFL, Kickoff Week, Flight Crew Cheerleader Auditions
- Partner with graphic design team on creation of promotional materials including concept development, proofing/review and execution.
- Work closely with Corporate Sponsorship department executing partner promotions such as sweepstakes and contests.
- Assist in event operational responsibilities as required.
- Maintain invoice tracking and budgets to ensure proper payment and recording of spending for marketing-related expenses.
- Two to three years experience in marketing, advertising, or communications role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar from four-year college.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; examples of written materials may be requested.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with solid attention to detail.
- Work all Jets home games and events as required; plus some additional weekends and/or evenings.
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Senior Manager of Marketing
Director, CRM and Database Marketing
Florham Park, NJ
This role is responsible for the ideation, implementation and execution of projects including, but not limited to:
- Database marketing and CRM strategy across all business units
- Collaborative planning and execution of consumer/premium sales and retention
- Oversight of PSL service and operations
- Organizational support for research, insights and data analysis
Duties & Responsibilities:
Database Marketing and CRM:
- Development & implementation of overall strategy (system design, training, processes and coordination with IT)
- Database growth and data hygiene (email, NCOA, DNC)
- Lead generation and nurturing for sales and marketing initiatives across business units
- Multi-channel campaign management and measurement
- Customer segmentation and detailed profiling of various fan audiences
- Integration with ticketing, finance, attendance, merchandise, surveys and other internal and external data systems to create in-depth customer records and send targeted communications
- Use marketing automation to drive season, group, individual and suite sales
- Leverage emerging technologies to improve efficiency of sales and service departments
- Build communication strategies around email newsletters and other communications to drive subscriptions, minimize opt-outs, drive sales and enhance the fan experience
- Help manage inventory, rate cards, and other contractual components for the corporate sales and service teams
Sales, Retention and Service Operations:
- Collaborate with the senior sales and service staff on new business campaigns, renewal strategies and communication timelines, including use of PURLs, website content, dynamic emails, audience building, reporting, relocation processes and commissions.
- Coordination with the box office around invoicing, collections, ticket printing, payments and inventory management
- Oversee the PSL operations processes for contracts, transfers, invoices and collections
- Regularly mine the database to build lead lists and campaigns in CRM
Insights and Analysis:
- Create and evaluate prospect rating and retention models, independently or in conjunction with a third party
- Analyze and interpret data from ticket sales, attendance and demographics for forecasting, pricing, lead scoring, renewal intention and engagement.
- Review corporate sales and prospect data to identify trends and opportunities for growth
- Build and oversee reports to track new sales, renewals, invoicing, sales pipelines, and other trends
- Assist the marketing department with additional analysis of market research and integrate research with CRM efforts
- Evaluate third-party data providers that could enhance consumer and corporate sales efforts
- Design reports and dashboards for all business units tailored to different staff roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience, with 4+ years in CRM, database marketing, direct marketing and data insights
- Experience with Ticketmaster Archtics and Microsoft Dynamics strongly preferred
- Knowledge of email, web, automation and other marketing technologies
- Strong statistical and analytical skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail, ability to work with deadlines and ability to coordinate work across multiple departments, partners and stakeholders
- Ability to work nights, weekends and events as needed
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports To: SVP of Consumer and Premium Sales and Service
Senior Manager, Digital Programming
Florham Park, NJ
Design, plan, secure approval for, and implement the New York Jets overall digital programming strategy, accomplishing the dual objectives of increasing fan engagement and growing revenue. Work closely with the multimedia producers, in-house team photographer, writers, graphic designers, IT, social media staff members, digital operations assistant and Senior Director, Marketing and Communications to manage, develop and execute the team’s digital strategy. Liaison with the NFL Clubs Sites and NFL.com staffs to analyze and continuously improve the team’s digital content.
- Design, develop and execute the overall programming and content strategy regarding digital experiences and environments, always serving the dual objectives of fan engagement and revenue growth.
- Implement all site updates, with the help of the Assistant, Digital Operations, including posting of all content (articles, blogs, accompanying photography, videos), page updates, special section creation, removal of expired content, etc.
- Create and develop user experience analytics and business performance deliverables associated with digital properties.
- Work closely with football administration and PR staff, ensuring alignment of digital and social media access and content.
- Leverage knowledge of social media platforms and overall technology innovations to develop and deliver opportunities for revenue and enhanced fan experiences.
- Contribute to building Jets digital platform through leadership and related activities to enhance marketplace visibility.
- Develop high impact media collateral and tools surrounding digital and social media services offerings.
- Contribute to the development of sales decks and other sales tools.
- Attend all weekly editorial/production meetings.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesizes information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares those skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Change Management-Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitors transition.
- Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or business experience equivalent
- 6 - 8 years of experience
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Expertise in developing, reviewing and analyzing web traffic analysis reports (e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Strong familiarity with primary social (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and secondary, emerging social networks
- Extensive knowledge of all new technology trends and active follower of new technology trends to apply to Jets digital strategy where appropriate
- Experience using content management systems
- Excellent editing, organization and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of video file formats
- Organized, creative, customer-focused
- Attention to detail, strong proof-reading skills and takes initiative
- Teamwork and communication skills a must
- Knowledge of sports generally and the NFL specifically is a plus
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
Senior Manager, Loyalty and Rewards Program
Florham Park, NJ
Design and implement the New York Jets fan loyalty and rewards program, part of the team’s digital ticketing efforts. Work closely with the Jets Marketing, Ticket Operations, Consumer Sales and Service, Sponsorship, and Strategy teams to execute the program and manage its ongoing operations. Drive the strategic direction and evolution of the program, collecting and analyzing data and defining plans for growth.
- Take the lead in designing and implementing the New York Jets fan loyalty and rewards program, with a focus on delivering value to the fan and increasing fan engagement (with special emphasis on Season Ticket Holders).
- Work through all executional details to ensure a timely and successful program launch.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to manage loyalty assets and maintain and grow the program.
- Examine customer data (program engagement, rewards redemptions, general fan behavior) and develop user experience analytics and business performance metrics associated with the program.
- Prepare and launch program upgrades, both creative and rewards-driven.
- Develop and execute long-term strategic growth plans for the program.
- Work with chosen vendor(s) to ensure program mechanics are best-in-class (i.e., mobile app integration, portal user interface, etc.).
- Demonstrated project leadership in cross-functional planning and execution.
- Passion for the customer experience balanced with an understanding of the underlying economics of loyalty programs.
- Strong knowledge of web/digital technologies and services.
- Experience working on a loyalty program from a marketing perspective (branding, acquisition, retention); track record in successfully developing and deploying loyalty program campaigns.
- Exceptional data evaluation skills with the ability to interpret data from various sources and offer creative marketing solutions.
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Creativity, flexibility, adaptability.
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 – 6 years of experience in loyalty operations, loyalty marketing, strategy development and execution, CRM
- Knowledge of sports generally and the NFL specifically is a plus
Florham Park, NJ
The Multimedia Producer/Editor will create website content for the New York Jets. Skills include the ability to arrange video shoots, operate cameras, run audio and post-produce content. This new producer will log and ingest footage, manage their media assets, and must possess great organizational skills. This is a great opportunity to learn, with room for growth, which will be expected of the new hire.
The Producer/Editor will report to Sr. Director Broadcasting/Multimedia Production. Production is scheduled throughout the year, and the new hire will be capable of handling production at location shoots set up by Multimedia department. The Broadcast/Multimedia staff works 12 months a year to create content that will showcase the unique personalities of Jets players and coaches, with content marked for Jets Television Network broadcasts, web shows and stadium presentation.
Regular content for newyorkjets.com includes coverage of the NFL draft, Jets camps (when players are available), regular season activities, Jets events, player appearances, and unique features created to accompany written articles.
Broadcast content includes regular season television programs created by Broadcast Staff, as well as specials and Jets commercials. The in-stadium show is also created and produced by Staff for all Jets home games.
- Video production of New York Jets website content
- Secondary responsibilities include assisting in production of Jets TV Shows, Gameday Presentation and Jets event content
- Coverage of football and non-football activities throughout the year
- Video production of daily content in and out of the football season
- Create concepts and stories, shoot and produce features on current players and coaches, Jets history, Flight Crew, and Jets events
- Assist with NFL Network requests, including shooting and transmitting video based on their requests. Send LIVE transmissions of press conferences via Team Cam and feed recorded footage via Team Cam
- Interact with the players, coaches and Jets staff to request cooperation with content needs; arrange feature productions, interviews and wirings. Interact with various departments within the Jets organization to collaborate on content ideas and to ensure alignment with all content platforms; arrange delivery of content to meet deadlines
- Research and recommend new production tools and technology options, with regular communication to department head
- Facilitate media requests from internal and external contacts
Experience and Requirements:
- Need at least 3 years of video production experience for broadcast, web and live event content, including gameday presentation
- Applicants must have their own transportation to report to the office, stadium, location production and other Jets/NFL events
- Flexibility to work long hours and a non-traditional schedule, including weekends and some holidays
- Willingness to travel for feature and game production throughout the year
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Working in extreme heat or cold weather conditions
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously
- Programs: PC-based Avid edit systems, Mac-based Final Cut system, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Compressor, P2 Viewer, Sorenson Squeeze, Microsoft Office programs, DVD Studio Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Equipment: Panasonic P2 HD cameras, Sennheiser wireless audio, Sony HDCAM, Digital Beta, Beta SP and Panasonic DVCPRO HD master decks, Anton Bauer batteries/chargers, Miller tripods, Lowell and Arri lights
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- What are your strengths as a producer and editor?
- What inspires you professionally and creatively?
- Please provide a link to your demo.