New York Jets Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with the New York Jets. The Jets have limited opportunities for employment. We recommend that you periodically visit this page for current vacancies.
For Internship Opportunities, Click Here
2014 Full Time Opportunities
Senior Manager, Digital Programming
Florham Park, NJ
Design, plan, secure approval for, and implement the New York Jets overall digital programming strategy, accomplishing the dual objectives of increasing fan engagement and growing revenue. Work closely with the multimedia producers, in-house team photographer, writers, graphic designers, IT, social media staff members, digital operations assistant and Senior Director, Marketing and Communications to manage, develop and execute the team’s digital strategy. Liaison with the NFL Clubs Sites and NFL.com staffs to analyze and continuously improve the team’s digital content.
- Design, develop and execute the overall programming and content strategy regarding digital experiences and environments, always serving the dual objectives of fan engagement and revenue growth.
- Implement all site updates, with the help of the Assistant, Digital Operations, including posting of all content (articles, blogs, accompanying photography, videos), page updates, special section creation, removal of expired content, etc.
- Create and develop user experience analytics and business performance deliverables associated with digital properties.
- Work closely with football administration and PR staff, ensuring alignment of digital and social media access and content.
- Leverage knowledge of social media platforms and overall technology innovations to develop and deliver opportunities for revenue and enhanced fan experiences.
- Contribute to building Jets digital platform through leadership and related activities to enhance marketplace visibility.
- Develop high impact media collateral and tools surrounding digital and social media services offerings.
- Contribute to the development of sales decks and other sales tools.
- Attend all weekly editorial/production meetings.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesizes information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares those skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Change Management-Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitors transition.
- Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or business experience equivalent
- 6 - 8 years of experience
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Expertise in developing, reviewing and analyzing web traffic analysis reports (e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Strong familiarity with primary social (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and secondary, emerging social networks
- Extensive knowledge of all new technology trends and active follower of new technology trends to apply to Jets digital strategy where appropriate
- Experience using content management systems
- Excellent editing, organization and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of video file formats
- Organized, creative, customer-focused
- Attention to detail, strong proof-reading skills and takes initiative
- Teamwork and communication skills a must
- Knowledge of sports generally and the NFL specifically is a plus
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
Group Sales Manager
Florham Park, NJ
Candidate will implement a department business plan designed to meet and exceed annual group sales goals. Individual will be Responsible for developing new sales strategies and group initiatives to help drive revenue. The sales manager will contribute to the overall department’s sales goal.
- Responsible for training, mentoring, motivating and coaching all group sales representatives
- Monitor the growth of the staff, provide guidance and leadership to maximize production and help meet all department sales goals
- Responsible for reporting daily/weekly revenue and inventory management
- Participate in sales calls, tours and outside appointments when needed to help maximize sales
- Establish performance tracking plan, including sales totals and phone production, to help monitor success against weekly goals and expectations
- Partner with marketing department to provide marketing and sales materials needed for all group sales initiatives
- Develop a strategic group sales plan including recommended pricing, added value and discount levels
- Acquire best practices from other group sales department contacts to help identify trends and successful group sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years group sales experience
- Minimum of 1 year management experience
- New York marketplace knowledge preferred
- Proven leadership experience in a sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
Department: Ticket Sales
Position: Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Account Executive
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self motivated individual with a strong work ethic. Individual should have a strong passion for sales and a desire to build a career in professional sports. This position generates revenue through strategic prospecting, cold-calling and relationship building.
- Meet or exceed all specified group sales goals
- Research, prospect and establish new leads via cold-calling, networking and participation in community events
- Establish and maintain relationships with group clients for referrals and renewals
- Develop new ideas, incentives, and promotions for department to help generate increased group revenue
- Provide superior customer service to clients and prospects
- Game day responsibilities include meeting with group leaders, assisting in all group sales initiatives and game day assets
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year sports sales experience
- History of consistently achieving or sustaining sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must possess problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
Department: Ticket Sales
Position: Group Sales Account Executive
Florham Park, NJ
The Multimedia Producer/Editor will create website content for the New York Jets. Skills include the ability to arrange video shoots, operate cameras, run audio and post-produce content. This new producer will log and ingest footage, manage their media assets, and must possess great organizational skills. This is a great opportunity to learn, with room for growth, which will be expected of the new hire.
The Producer/Editor will report to Sr. Director Broadcasting/Multimedia Production. Production is scheduled throughout the year, and the new hire will be capable of handling production at location shoots set up by Multimedia department. The Broadcast/Multimedia staff works 12 months a year to create content that will showcase the unique personalities of Jets players and coaches, with content marked for Jets Television Network broadcasts, web shows and stadium presentation.
Regular content for newyorkjets.com includes coverage of the NFL draft, Jets camps (when players are available), regular season activities, Jets events, player appearances, and unique features created to accompany written articles.
Broadcast content includes regular season television programs created by Broadcast Staff, as well as specials and Jets commercials. The in-stadium show is also created and produced by Staff for all Jets home games.
- Video production of New York Jets website content
- Secondary responsibilities include assisting in production of Jets TV Shows, Gameday Presentation and Jets event content
- Coverage of football and non-football activities throughout the year
- Video production of daily content in and out of the football season
- Create concepts and stories, shoot and produce features on current players and coaches, Jets history, Flight Crew, and Jets events
- Assist with NFL Network requests, including shooting and transmitting video based on their requests. Send LIVE transmissions of press conferences via Team Cam and feed recorded footage via Team Cam
- Interact with the players, coaches and Jets staff to request cooperation with content needs; arrange feature productions, interviews and wirings. Interact with various departments within the Jets organization to collaborate on content ideas and to ensure alignment with all content platforms; arrange delivery of content to meet deadlines
- Research and recommend new production tools and technology options, with regular communication to department head
- Facilitate media requests from internal and external contacts
Experience and Requirements:
- Need at least 3 years of video production experience for broadcast, web and live event content, including gameday presentation
- Applicants must have their own transportation to report to the office, stadium, location production and other Jets/NFL events
- Flexibility to work long hours and a non-traditional schedule, including weekends and some holidays
- Willingness to travel for feature and game production throughout the year
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Working in extreme heat or cold weather conditions
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously
- Programs: PC-based Avid edit systems, Mac-based Final Cut system, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Compressor, P2 Viewer, Sorenson Squeeze, Microsoft Office programs, DVD Studio Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Equipment: Panasonic P2 HD cameras, Sennheiser wireless audio, Sony HDCAM, Digital Beta, Beta SP and Panasonic DVCPRO HD master decks, Anton Bauer batteries/chargers, Miller tripods, Lowell and Arri lights
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- What are your strengths as a producer and editor?
- What inspires you professionally and creatively?
- Please provide a link to your demo.
Suite Sales Manager
Florham Park, NJ
The NY Jets are searching for enthusiastic, motivated Sales candidates to sell premium suites, seating and hospitality at MetLife Stadium for NY Jets home games. Come join a highly effective and energetic team to continue to sell one of the hottest properties in the sports and entertainment world.
Private suites at MetLife Stadium provide an unparalleled viewing experience for 18-24 guests with distinct, premium seating and hospitality. Private suites offer the discerning buyer the opportunity to enjoy personalized service and high-end amenities while watching an electrifying Jets game in a luxurious and elegant setting.
- Develop suite and premium seating prospects through outside sales, cold calling and your own network
- Design sales proposals, featuring multiple sales packages, including full and half season suites, single event suite opportunities and premium seating (i.e. Green Room)
- Make sales presentations and conduct various tours of the stadium to potential buyers
Experience and Requirements:
- 3- 5 years of experience selling premium suites, tickets and hospitality at a sports team, entertainment venue or live event/concert company is needed to be successful in this role
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals. Demonstrated ability to close deals is a must
- Experience with lead generation and cold calling
- Proven ability to speak and present products to potential buyers in both large and small groups
- Knowledge of premium sales and marketing best practices
- Ability to work home games and prospecting events throughout the year
- Bachelor’s Degree required